PEER REVIEW POLICY
Review of Articles
All authors must adhere to the Declaration of Compliance with Publishing Ethics (PUBLISHING ETHICS).
All submissions are subject to a blind review (provided by experts on the article subjects). Based on the review, the editor reserves the right to reject the paper or request the author to adjust it. After the texts have been reviewed, the comments of the reviewer must be considered and worked in the text without unnecessary delays.
Submission of an article implies that the work includes the author’s own contribution, that it has not been published previously (except in the form of an abstract), that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, that its publication is approved by all authors and that, if accepted, it will not be published elsewhere in the same form, in English or in any other language, without the written consent of the Publisher.
Conflict of Interest
A Conflict of Interest exists if a person or institution has a relationship which has the potential to compromise or in any way interfere with professional objectivity or judgment in issues related to the relationship. The Conflict of Interest is actual if a relationship exists, or apparent if the possibility for a relationship could be inferred. In either case, it is the responsibility of the journal Editor, Editorial Board members, authors and reviewers to declare Conflicts of Interest, actual or apparent, so that an appropriate mitigating action is taken.
The author has the obligation to reveal any personal interest or relationship that has the potential to be affected by publication of the submitted manuscript. Sources of funding must be acknowledged in the manuscript. All authors must report any financial interest in corporate or commercial entities dealing with the subject matter of the manuscript. On behalf of all the authors, the corresponding author has the responsibility to advise the Editor of an actual or apparent conflict of interest at the time of submission of the manuscript. Authors must also submit corrections if conflicts of interests are revealed after publication.
A reviewer is entrusted to provide an unbiased assessment of the scientific merit of a manuscript under review. Any situation or relationship that could bias or be construed to bias this assessment must be reported to the Editor. These include personal relations to the authors, concurrent competitive research on the same subject in the manuscript, or professional or financial ties to an organization with interests in the subject under review. In such cases where an actual or apparent Conflict of Interest is disclosed, the use of a review provided or requested is at the discretion of the Editor.
Declaration of Compliance with Publishing Ethics in the journal ALFA (Architecture Papers of the Faculty of Architecture and Design STU) has been prepared in accordance with the Elsevier’s Publishing Ethics Resource Kit (PERK) (1, 2), Ethics in Research and Publication (3), and the COPE Code of Conduct (4).
- Policy of the Journal
- 1.1. The Journal has a clear editorial strategy approved by the Scientific Board of the Faculty of Architecture and Design STU.
- 1.2. The Journal undergoes a blind review process.
- 1.3. The Journal provides a variety of authors’ origins.
- 1.4. All articles published in the Journal are subject to unconditional compliance with the Copyright Law and the rules of moral and ethical principles of publishing which exclude any forms of plagiarism. The journal employs iThenticate plagiarism checker (since 2021).
- Contents of the Journal
- 2.1. The Journal publishes articles in the research fields of the Faculty of Architecture and Design STU (architecture, urban, landscape, product and exhibition design, art and culture) or related disciplines.
- 2.2. All articles contain a clear abstract in accordance with the purpose and focus of the Journal.
- Reputation of the Journal
- 3.1. The publisher of the Journal gives approval for Open Access (OA), i.e. provides a free unlimited access to the research results published in articles without copyright infringement under a publicly valid Creative Commons license (CC BY-NC-ND 3.0).
- 3.2. The Journal seeks to ensure the reputation of the Editorial Board members.
- Periodicity of Journal
- 4.1. The Editorial Office of the Journal ensures regularity and compliance with the terms of the Journal publication.
- 4.2. The Journal is published quarterly under the registered ISSN.
- Online Access
- 5.1. The whole content of the Journal is published electronically (since 2020).
- 5.2. Online access to the Journal is available via the Journal website (since 2020) free of charge.
- 5.3. Since 2021 the Journal has been published exclusively in English. In the period of years 1996 – 2020 it had been published also in Slovak/Czech.
- Publishing and Authorship
- 6.1. Authors are required to publish only true and authentic information.
- 6.2. The authors must indicate the source of financial support for the research (number and title of the grant, and name of the grant agency).
- 6.3. When publishing scientific papers in English, the STU authors must indicate affiliation to the faculty under the RECTOR’s DIRECTIVE No. 1/2016-SR on the Unified listing of the addresses of the Slovak University of Technology workplaces.
- 6.4. Published articles must contain a list of citations (references) written in Latin alphabet in accordance with the Citation Standards.
- 6.5. The authors’ obligations are defined in the Instructions for authors.
- Obligations of Reviewers
- 7.1. All articles published in the Journal are subject to anonymous reviews. Reviewers cannot contact the author(s) of the article that they are reviewing regarding the review process. Authors cannot be provided any information on the reviewers that would disclose their identity.
- 7.2. There are two reviewers for each article.
- 7.3. All reviews must be objective.
- 7.4. Reviews are provided in the form Peer Review Assessment by ALFA Scientific Journal that assesses content, scientific and research knowledge, originality, methods, quality and suitability of image material, text structure and style, referencing, comprehensibility, length and overall contribution of each article.
- 7.5. Reviewers should draw attention to relevant published articles that are not cited.