INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
31 January 2021 – ALFA 1/2021
25 April 2021 – ALFA 2/2021
11 July 2021 – ALFA 3/2021
24 October 2021 – ALFA 4/2021
The authors are required to acquaint themselves with the following documents and comply with the information given when submitting their manuscripts including all the associated documents:
- Peer Review Policy and Publishing Ethics
- Open Access License (needs to be signed and returned) – since issue 1/2021
- No fee is charged and authors are not paid for any of the stages of article submission, evaluation, or publication.
- New contributions are accepted solely in English and in a formal scientific style.
- The editor will arrange for the spell- and grammar check, and stylistic revision of the text.
- Authors send their papers electronically to the address: email@example.com
Review of Articles
The editorial board of the Journal welcomes original authorial texts that have not been published yet. Each text to be published should include the author’s own contribution. A submitted manuscript also must not be subject to a peer-review process at another journal at the same time.
Submitted texts for all categories specified below are subject to an anonymous blind peer review process. Based on the review, the editors reserve the right to reject the paper or request the author to adjust it. After the texts have been reviewed, the comments of the reviewer must be considered and worked in the text without unnecessary delays.
Extent of the Content
- Manuscripts’ word count is calculated based on the number of characters with spaces. The total length of the document is inclusive of tables, charts/graphs, captions/legends to figures, footnotes/references and images/figures.
Scientific studies and papers are published in 3 categories (sections) within this extent:
- Design Research – from 20,000 up to 36,000 characters
- Research by Design – from 20,000 up to 36,000 characters
- Findings, Conclusions of the Current Research Projects – from 12,000 up to 18,000 characters
- Services Dropbox, Google Drive, WeTransfer or Úschovna are to be used to send attachments larger than 3MB.
Text Layout and Arrangement
- Manuscripts must be submitted in the required template (click to download), not edited, without inserted images/figures. Authors are required to keep all the elements of the template format. It is recommended to type directly into the template to prevent any formatting issues that occur with the copying of the content from a different document.
- Title of the paper captures the essence of the topic, it should be concise. The title must not include abbreviations; if the main title does not capture the entire scope of the topic, the author may add a subtitle.
- References and notes should take the form of endnotes in the section References.
Supplementary Texts – Mandatory Part
- Authors will supply a scientific study/paper also with a summary in English that is 5,400 characters long and with keywords or key expressions (up to 7), as a separate document.
- The section Findings and Conclusions of the Current Research Projects requires the authors to also supply an extra summary 3,600 characters long and keywords (up to 5 keywords), as a separate document.
Figures, Photographs, and Graphics
- The author of the article shall be responsible for the copyright to graphical materials.
- Diagrams, schemes, drawings, and photographs must be good quality originals or digital copies. Bitmap graphics has to be supplied in formats such as .jpg, .png/.tif (if includes also text), vector graphics in the .pdf format, tables and charts/graphs in the .doc, .docx or .xml format (author tables are unsuitable provided as images).
- Photographs must be supplied in the maximum resolution possible, not optimized and not compressed. Excessive size of an image is not a problem. The minimal resolution of all graphic elements is 300 dpi.
- Every image (photograph, drawing and the like) must bear a caption/legend stating the legitimate author and/or source.
- Figures must not be part of the text document. Authors indicate their preferred placement in the article by e. g.: Fig. 1.
- Tables, charts/graphs, diagrams and schemes must be placed at the end of the text or in separate files, their placement must be indicated in the text, e. g.: Tab. 1.
- Authors take full responsibility for the accuracy of their references. Please add the DOI number or URL of a full-text version if it exists. The DOI of journal papers can be found on page http://www.crossref.org/SimpleTextQuery/ (you need to register first). DOIs must be given for conference papers too. Insert DOI as an active link in the following format (example): https://doi.org/[DOI].
- Author names are expected in the “Family, C.” format where “C” is the initial of the first name. Do not use “and” or “et al.”, give the names of each author (Smith, A. D., Small, B., Big, C.).
- Provide the complete title of the publication (the title of the paper, book, book chapter, standard, patent). Do not abbreviate journal or conference names, e.g. write “World Transactions on Engineering and Technology Education” instead of “World Trans. on Engng. and Technol. Educ.”.
- Please note that all items of the reference list must be directly cited in the body of the text. Each citation in the text must be included in the reference list.
Sample Reference List
- Author, A. B., Author, C., Author, D. E. (Year) “Title of article”, Complete Title of the Journal, Volume(Number), pp. xxx–xxx. https://doi.org/[DOI]
Journal articles without DOI (publically available on the internet):
- Author, A. B., Author, C., Author, D. E. (Year) “Title of article”, Complete Title of the Journal, Volume(Number), pp. xxx–xxx. [online] Available at: URL [Accessed: date (day month year)]
Chapters of books:
- Author, A. B. (Year) “Title of a chapter in the book”, In: Title of the Published Book, Publisher, City of Publisher, Country, pp. xxx–xxx. https://doi.org/[DOI]
Chapters of edited books:
- Chapter author(s) (Year) “Title of a chapter in the book”, In: Book editor(s) with (ed. or eds.) Title of the Published Book, Publisher, City of Publisher, Country, pp. xxx–xxx. https://doi.org/[DOI]
- Author, A. B. (Year) “Title of the book”, Publisher, City of Publisher, Country. https://doi.org/[DOI]
Conference proceedings (published):
- Author, A. B. (Year) “Title of paper”, In: Name of Conference, City of Conference, Country, pp. xxx–xxx. https://doi.org/[DOI]
Papers presented at conferences (unpublished):
- Author, A. B. (Year) “Title of paper”, presented at Name of Conference, City of Conference, Country, Abbreviated Month, Day, Year.
Dissertations/Theses and e-version:
- Author, A. B. (Year) “Title of dissertation”, Level, Official name of the University.
- Author, A. B. (Year) “Title of dissertation”, Level, Official name of the University. Available at: URL [Accessed: date (day month year)]
- Authorship or Source “Title of the web document or webpage”. [online] Available at: web address/URL [Accessed: date (day month year)]
- Author, A. B. (Year) “Title of the report”, Name of the Corporation, City of the Corporation, Country, Rep. xxx.
- Inventor name, Initials, Assignee (Year) “Title of the patent”, Place, Patent number (status, if an application).
- Corporate author (Year of Publication) “Identifying letters and numbers and full title of Standard”, Publisher, Place of publication.
PDF documents (for example, a Government publication or similar which is freely available):
- Authorship “Title of document”, [pdf] Publisher, Place of publication (if known). Available at: web address or URL for the actual pdf [Accessed: date (day month year)]
- Authorship/Organisation “Title of program, (Version)”, [computer program]. Available at: web address/URL [Accessed: date (day month year)]
European Union (EU) documents:
- The name of the Institution where the document originates (e.g. Commission), Form (e.g. Directive or Decision), Year/Legislation number/ Initials of Institution followed by the date it was passed if known, followed by the title.
- Author, A. B. (Year) “Title of article or column header”, Full Title of Newspaper, Day and month before page numbers and column line.
Online newspaper articles:
- Author or corporate author (Year) “Title of document or page”, Name of newspaper, [online] additional date information. Available at: URL [Accessed: date (day month year)]
- Author, A. B. (Year) “Title of document”, [type of medium] Collection, Document number, Name of Library/Archive/Repository, Geographical Town/Place.
Cited papers not in English, give the title in the original language, then the translation to English, and a remark at the end: (in [Language]):
- Author, A. B. (Year) “Name of paper” (English translation), Complete Title of the Journal, Volume(Number), pp. xxx–xxx. (in [Language]) https://doi.org/[DOI]